We are drowning in building supplies that are not being used right now or were extra from earlier projects. One large item is extra rock wool insulation that I over ordered for the house. We have seven full bolts of 24″ and a few 16″. I was able to fit the 16″ in the garage attic but I had “rented” the playhouse that Dave built for the grandkids for winter storage of the 24″ roxul. They only rented it to me for the winter and said I had to pay again in spring/summer so I wanted to get that roxul out of there!
I have been looking for a shed on Craigslist for some time. They were either too expensive or too small, or in bad shape, so when I saw a construction shed for sale for only $200 I thought it would be exactly what I needed. The construction site is wrapping up and the crew wanted to sell the shed basically for the materials that were in it. I thought $200 was a very reasonable price for the building.
I was able to use the trailer that we bought last year to move the spa to pick up the shed. The workers placed it on the trailer with a huge forklift and helped me secure it to the trailer.
I had to drive it home about 25 miles and used only side streets. I felt like I had a very interesting RV in tow!
The trailer is a tilt type and when I got it home Dave helped pry it off the trailer onto some concrete blocks from our demolished slab. We leveled it and swept it out.
The next day we moved the extra 2 panels of chipboard and pieces of short 2 x 6 they threw in for shelving and repairs, and all the roxul into the new shed. I will be moving various pieces of wood and other materials into the shed to get them out of our way.