As we worked to prep for drywall several other items were added to our list. Little stuff that had to be done before the walls were no longer accessible or where we needed a wall we had not yet built!
1. Box in the ERV air returns.
2. Frame for a transom window in the bathroom
3. Bring in some corian to test for the top of the light shelf–ventilation shaft.
4. Add ERV control wires to family room Nest and for bathroom humidistat.
5. Move switch for bathroom lights to inside of bathroom.
6. Add elbow to family room ventilation outlet–the elbow didn’t fit so I finished the vent with a metal ring clamp and tape.
7. Add partial elbow to kitchen ventilation outlet.
8. Build closet wall to divide family room and entry closets.
9. Set up back bedroom for temporary living
10. Hook up garage sink for doing dishes during construction.
I had the spigots in place and I had the connecting hoses so I thought this one would be easy. No way, I had to shim the sink up a bit to reach the drain pipe and had trouble getting the hoses attached to the old faucet. But then when I was so close, the water and drain were hooked up, I found that the faucet was broken.
I thought I had a faucet to replace it with but I needed the laundry sink type and the faucet I had was a bathroom sink type which also had a crimped copper line. So I’m waiting for a new faucet on order to finish this job.