The family room shower is big and it was dark inside. It really needed a light but I didn’t specify one in the electrical drawings so I had to add it as a retrofit.
The light I bought came with an incandescent bulb so I also ordered a GU10 LED bulb for it. The light is really white compared to the bathroom lights.
I bought a Globe 4″ recessed chrome light rated for shower use because I could not find a brushed brass fixture. I tried to buy a 4″ antique brass trim that was supposed to fit 4″ can lights but the diameter was already 4″ so it didn’t fit my light. It was a bit too dark in tone anyway.
The chrome blends in with the current unpainted ceiling. I cut the hole a bit too big and it took me several tries before I realized I had to push the arms that hold the can out over the drywall from the inside of the can and snap them into place. I finally figured it out though. It looks like the can might have to be lowered for the light to be snug in the can when there is tile between the can and the light baffle and trim.
The wiring was not too difficult because we have a junction box for several circuits in the attic area so I just had to fish the wires from the switch to the junction box and from the switch to the light.
As part of this project Dave and I labeled all the circuits in the attic junction box. Now we know what is going through there. I added the wiring to the same circuit that will control the ERV and is the circuit to the Master Bath and the post where the modem is located. It is circuit 17.
It has taken months to accurately label the electric circuits. The electricians only partially labeled them and left me a scribbled list! I think this is the most detailed description of the circuits in both the inside and outside boxes.