The master bath floor is finished. I just have to decide if I will use tile or baseboard in that room. I only have eleven trim tiles left. I could use them in the master but then I would not have enough for the family room shower edges.
I fixed the saw switch and was able to cut and fit most of the tiles for the remaining floor area.
Unfortunately before I was completely finished the saw switch started acting up. I cut the last few cuts with just the grinder, by wetting the blade regularly and applying it to the tile. Luckily I didn’t have to make any long cuts. When all the tiles were cut I mixed mortar and installed them.
I had to mix two batches of mortar because the first was not quite enough, so I used the extra in the second batch to mortar down more Kerdi for the tile edging in the kitchen.
Then I looked at the saw switch and found the bottom of the switch was not attached correctly and it had fallen apart in the housing. So I took it out and re-connected the parts and added a small strip of gorilla tape for good measure. Then I thought the switch wasn’t firmly in the housing because of the parts I left off. So I replaced the switch with the top rubber gasket and its holder. That made the switch feel firmer and this time the switch could be turned on and off. Essentially I fixed the switch again. Now it may stay fixed for awhile.
The next day I was able to mix more epoxy grout and grout the rest of the shower tile and floor. I had extra grout and I used it in the entry to grout the edging tiles. Then I returned and did the two thorough cleanings and in the afternoon I had time to apply caulk to the shower edges.
As I was grouting the insert tile for the shower drain, I realized I cut the wrong type of tile for the tray. The drain was not that expensive and I’m just ordering a new one because this “feature” tile looks odd to me.
I’m looking forward to trying out the new shower! The minimum grout cure time is 2-3 days. Seven days are recommended. The first half of the shower floor was grouted a week ago. In another week it should be fully cured and resistant to staining.