Not only was there not enough stone for the pillar but it was way too bulky to install in the house. So instead I am going to use it to cover the broken stucco on the garage wall. This pile was all the corners I had.
I had to knock the rest of the concrete wall away from the stucco wall. This is something I wanted to do for a long long time but it was never at the top of the list.
I was able to knock off the concrete with several blows of the sledge hammer. Then I dry piled the stone blocks up around the corner. Eventually I will mortar them into place.
The log railings next to the wall will hopefully be part of the front porch eventually. But that project is in the future.
I had to go shopping for another type of stone to cover the pillar. I shopped online and at tile stores and the local Floor and Decor had something in stock I thought would work well.
It seemed as if I would need to buy all corners for the pillar, of course corners are twice as expensive as the flat pieces. I tried stacking the corners to see what they might look like. The clearance sign is for a different stone.
Then I bought one corner to see how it might look at home. I also picked up a broken piece that I asked if I could have. This stone tile is a LOT less bulky than the stone blocks.
It’s pretty hard to tell what the whole pillar will look like in the stone tiles. I held up a piece to see if I liked the stone midway up the side.
We both liked it well enough and it appeared it would work for the pillar so I went back and bought 4 boxes of corners. I know I will need more but thought I would buy a few boxes and test the installation process.