Indiana House

We spent the first two weeks of November at our Indiana house. It’s lovely out in the Indiana forest and the house needed attention.
In early September I went to Indiana and had to work on taking out moldy drywall and fixing the plumbing. I also replaced the front porch deck.

Dave and I both went this time so much more was accomplished. We needed to replace the back deck boards. These were more of the sanded oak boards that our friends the Halla’s gave us. They had prepped them years ago but never used them.

New back deck
New back deck and fixed railing

We went through most of the junk we had stored at the house and discarded it.

Dumpster full
Dumpster full

I stained and replaced trim in areas that were damaged or never completed. I used oak molding to match what we already had. Some of the original molding is just square boards, some I cut on the table saw with rounded edges. The new stuff is pretty too.

Stained trim and removed old light
Stained trim and removed old light
New door trim
New door trim
Trim install and new light
Trim install and new light

I fixed a toilet that didn’t flush. Dave fixed the deck railings and rebuilt support for the recreation room stairs. He also patched several pieces of drywall that had been removed. We had a productive trip and were happy to have some socially distant dinners and outings with our Indiana friends.

This entry was posted in -Chronological Recent Posts, Distractions, Spencer House. Bookmark the permalink.