There was a large gap between the edge of the new concrete floor and the steps.
I think this gap was caused by the moisture barrier plastic curling up at this edge, keeping the concrete from flowing all the way to the stairs.
I had been meaning to put concrete in the gap for some time, however it was just the sort of small job to do while recuperating. Dave is still working on his recycled concrete wall so he was making concrete anyway and brought a bucket of the stuff to me after I cleaned out the hole and chipped off the edge where the cement curled up above the level at the steps.
This is day two of drying.
I patched the whole concrete edge both deep sides and the smaller area in between.
I have a plastic foam sheet over it to keep it from drying too fast.