Sooner or later the list must get done. It is past time to come up with a Spring list and I’m looking at the items that I have paid no attention to for a season and feeling like I had better get them done.
These two items have been hanging out on the list for a few seasons. Since we had the drywall started last April and painted in May, cleaning up should have happened by now right? I guess since it is overhead it was not right in front of my face it didn’t happen.
- Vacuum ERV vent shaft (replace vacuum bag)
- Clean beam
I stuck a bucket under the kitchen sink drain because it was leaking and over time it just stopped.
- Fix kitchen sink drain
I suppose it got gunked up? Otherwise I actually did these items.
- Grout tile over tub
- Install bench in family bathroom shower
- Schluter in family room bathroom shower
- Replace filters on house water system
- Install airlock entry door
I suppose these were half done since one shower is completed and the second one started. One door is hung. I used extra mortar to prep the perimeter of the concrete floor with Kerdi.
- Level shower floors
- Get showers tiled
- Hang doors in the master bathroom and bedroom closet
- Install tile on perimeter of house floor
Although it has to be done again, the inspector came over for a final which was great.
- Get final inspection
And now on to the items that didn’t get done at all.
- Install corian on top of vent shaft
- Make corian tub tray for master bathroom
- Wire thermostat and dimmer switch to ERV
- Install new calcium filter on boiler supply
- Install new TDS monitor on water supply
- Foam gap at floor in storage closet
My son gave me a circuit design that might fix the issues I’m having with the ERV analog control and I’m working on that.
I have resolved to not add any new items to the list. Today I rewired the light in the kitchen and that was not on a list. I notice that I didn’t post anything about this project when I did it.
The decorative top piece was missing at the time and I found it a few months ago. I decided since I had the ladder out vacuuming the vent shaft I might as well fix the light. Of course the top piece had to have the wire threaded through it and I had to take the whole light down to do that. But now it has the “mountain” theme.
I bought this bronzed copper light in Arizona for $20 because it was missing a lamp shade. I looked and looked but could not find the exact shade so I replaced them with galvanized animal feed bowls for about $6. It was pretty hard to drill the holes in the center of the metal for the wiring to the light bulbs. So they are a little off center but I like the result.
Now back to the list…