Every little project takes time. We had a perfect size cabinet to put in place of the wine fridge from reducing the size of the island. I just had to install it.
The wine fridge was built in over a rather dicey floor. I removed most of the oak boards and replaced them with plywood. I removed the walls that surrounded the fridge. The tiled area was not wide enough to cover the floor to the cabinet so I added a couple of rows here. There was a deep hole where the tile had been removed so that was fixed too.
There was an electrical outlet behind the wine fridge and I had to cut a hole in the cabinet so that it was not covered as that is a fire hazard.
I don’t know why the cabinet had all the holes in its back but I screwed it to the wall through a couple of them. The cabinet does not quite reach the side wall and the space still needs trim.