I put up the rest of the logs for the front window trim. I noticed some of the pvc lattice trim tends to bow in the heat so I just shot several more nails into it to hold it down. Then I used the 3M tape to close the gap at the top between the edges of the trim that hold the glass frame with a strip of more plastic lattice.
The logs for the large trombe wall expanse were already cut so I only had to drill the screw holes and screw them in. I didn’t have any nine foot long logs so two logs overlap at 45 degree angles in the middle.
I used the same method for closing the gap on the Alpen window as I did on the east facing south wall. White 1/4” PVC quarter round cut to fill the gap between the window and the exposed edge of the siding. The rainscreen siding assembly was so thick at the window frames that the siding edge was revealed. Someday I’ll paint it so it’s not so obvious.
I had to cut a couple of remaining half logs to length for over the Alpen window and the single pane side of the wall. I had enough half logs though. I still have a few round logs if I need them.
Holding the logs up while drilling and screwing was a muscle challenge. But my sore thumb was not needed.
The front trim installation is now finished though perhaps all the white pvc could be painted. And I have not decided how to enclose the sides of the solar panel. But finally this is a completed Trombe wall.