The electrical fixes were completed while I was in the hospital although I did call the guy back to fix the area between the 2 x 2’s at the corner of the master bedroom. He still stapled the wire to the 2 x 2 even though at the back, he didn’t have an 1 1/4″ clearance so he redid the wire to clip against the studs instead.
The ceiling wires are now in a steel wire casing. (Aluminum was not considered strong enough.)
The distance from the furring is at least the required 1 1/4″.
Extra steel plates protect the stud holes not drilled exactly in the middle of the stud.
I set up an inspection for Friday and I was supposed to get a different inspector, but the original guy who knew the issues came instead at the end of the day. He passed the fixes but noticed in the mudroom that there was an expanse of more than 2 feet that did not have an outlet. The one outlet in that wall was further than 6′ away from the opposite wall so he said one more outlet was needed but he said I could get the switches and outlets installed now and let him know that they put in that extra outlet. He will be back for final inspection.