OR–What we did instead of working on the house!
1. Kids bought a new house that needed a lot of work! Besides bath renovation we also helped paint and tear out old flooring.
Kids’ new house–Wallpaper removal
Master bath tear out
New tub main bath
New floor main bath
2. Renovated Arizona house in order to sell quickly. (We hoped!)
Had interior painted–took a long time–vendor delayed the job and sent non-pro workers–lots of redo required
Installed new fans and some new light fixtures–including one that “disappeared” after the painters removed it.
New front patio started by landscapers
Refinished front door, replaced door hardware, and had new carpet installed
Garage floor cleaned and epoxied, garage painted.
Cleaning and staging
Stoop repaired and painted
New entry patio and tons of landscaping done
We did sell the house about 2 weeks after it was listed, but then we waited 6 more weeks for the sale to go through. Still we were happy it sold and we can move on to other projects.
3. Went birthday camping!
RV at campground
RV across water
4. Visted moms in New York and Chicago.
Mom in Chicago
5. Helped fix up kids old house for sale.
Master bath redo with grout paint
Garage entry trim
6. Prepared RV for cross country trip.
New water pump and pressure tank
Tried to repair awning
7. Three week RV trip to Indiana and Illinois with grandkids!
Grandson’s food list
Resting at a playground
Another visit to Grandma Grand
8. Another camping trip during the week of July 5th.
Columbine at Golden Gate Canyon State Park
View from hike
9. A month of preparing for our son’s wedding in California and the actual wedding!
Dramatic sticks for hall
Fascinators and carry sign for grandkids
Korean Paebaek Ceremony
10. An end of summer camping trip and visit with friends.
Hanging out with friends and fresh peach cocktails
Friends’ garden–hope ours looks like this someday