I decided to improve my painting technique for the cabinet doors. My brother recommended spraying them. I have a HPLV high pressure low volume spray gun and a compressor and the last time I used them was for lacquer and I made quite a mess on my garage floor.
I needed a spray booth. My brother suggested hanging plastic for a makeshift booth but I tried cutting the tile grout with hanging plastic and the mess seemed to get everywhere anyway. So I decided to try to get an inexpensive tent to paint in.
I was unable to find a tent as inexpensive as a small greenhouse. The greenhouse is also plastic but it has a zippered door and the frame has built in shelves to hold the cabinet doors I am painting.
For about $60 I purchased this 5 x 5 x 6.5 ft. greenhouse from Amazon. It was relatively easy to set up as long as the poles were properly sorted. The frame went up first then the plastic tarp was tied onto the frame.
I had to take out the bench to put in a tarp to protect the garage floor.
I was just testing to see if the mud room bench fit inside. I ended up taking the bench apart to paint it. I loaded the cabinet doors and part of the bench and coat shelf in for the first load.
It took me some time to figure out how to regulate the spray. And spraying took little time compared to cleaning the gun and then setting up a new spray event. I also had to assemble and put on a getup of full tyvek suit, goggles, and a 3M mask. Eventually I chucked the suit and goggles because it was too hot but always used the mask.
I bought strainer paper cones for the paint but it did not help to water down the paint and the paint can did not recommend it so I mostly used the paint full strength. A container of strained paint went a long way which led to several coats of paint.
I finished all the cabinet doors and next I will try painting furniture in the booth.