A few more light fixtures were installed. The closet light was reused from the original house and it took all afternoon and three tries to get it working. First I had to find screws that were long enough to fit into the box, then another set that were long enough to hold the light fixture against the ceiling. I have a collection of screws to reuse from other light disassembly. I used a plain cross piece wall plate and that had one screw hole that was a bit reamed out so I had to move one screw over to another hole.
I turned on the switch the first time I got the base and the bulbs in and the light worked, but when I put on the glass cover, it stopped working.
I took it down and made sure the wires were tight. The black was a little loose, so I tightened them all. I put it all back together but it still didn’t work, then I tested the switch. It had power to the bottom but with the switch on it did not have power at the top. Bad switch? I replaced the switch with an older one and hooked up the light to test it and it worked. Then I put the wiring in the new casing extender that lines the switch up with the wall and connected it.
I had a very difficult time finding the two screws through the holes in the base that tighten the light to the ceiling. Arms over my head made it uncomfortable and it was hard to see in the darkened closet. After the first and second times I put it up I guess I had it figured out as I got it back together the third time quickly enough to go for my daily visit to my mom.
Before our trip I had ordered the wall plates for the last two sconce lights for the bathroom. I had to use a special wall plate that was not available at the box store. I bought five of them from ebay for about $13.
Yesterday I got the last two sconce lights installed in the master bathroom. I had to use some alternate connectors at the top of the lights because I didn’t get enough of them when I bought the set. The connectors were smaller so I put a washer and nut on the screws first and then capped them with the smaller connector. These are above the lights so not noticeable from below.
I won’t be able to install more fixtures until I get them unpacked. But I still have outlets and switches to adjust with the extenders.