I’ve been connecting the ductwork for the ventilation system. The original plan had a few vents that I decided to eliminate based on balancing the system’s supply and exhaust ports. So there is a long stretch of flexible duct in the soffit area between the ERV and the end of the living area and then an outlet facing the master bedroom and one facing the living area.
The supply to the living area and the bedroom are connected to a 10″ tee that acts as the living area grille holder and to a short duct to a partial elbow for the master bedroom grill.
I had difficulty using the straps over the flex ducts to connect them to the duct pipes. They would not tighten enough to keep from falling off. I finally decided to tape the flex duct to the piping first and then reinforced it with the straps.
I have two kinds of tape. One is for the pipes and the other for the flex duct. I used the pipe tape here but later switched to the flex duct tape which is thinner to connect the flex duct joins. I purchased 10″ duct connections at the joins along this run. The flex duct itself is from the Restore for $5 a section.
Next I started working on the supply piping that connects to the ERV.
The layout is a bit obscured by the radon pipe and the ERV itself but the supply duct piping wye connects to a 10″tee that feeds the long duct in the soffit on the living area side and behind the ERV to a 9″ pipe that will connect to the flex duct in the family room. The 10″ tee is reduced to 8″ to supply fresh air to the kitchen and bathroom. At the top of the photo there is the fresh air duct. It starts at 6″ in the wall and expands to 8″ to use 8″ insulated flex duct to bring the fresh air to the ERV where it again reduces to 6″. I had to buy the 8″ flex duct for about $50.
Once I complete the supply side I will work on the exhaust. I still have to finish the hole in the roof for the exhaust piping and it is starting to snow again so this project may be on hold until the weather warms up again.