It was an exciting day, all the windows and doors in our house have trim! The handymen returned to finish the windows. Each window is slightly askew so measuring and cutting each board had to be precise.
The handymen started at the rear bedroom and worked forwards.
The long window in the rear bedroom was trimmed at the bottom edge with a rougher board because we ran out of longer trim boards. Unfortunately it split on one end and I did not have another 80″ trim piece to replace it with so I tried to glue and renail it. Maybe I will replace it with a purchased trim board eventually. I hate to say I had to buy a board though!
The ”escape” window in the middle bedroom was complicated by the lower area concrete that was a different width. We decided to just eliminate the bottom trim board and used a board that had a bit of a decorative edge.
I also found a shelf board that had a nice natural edge for the bathroom and we decided to make it a bit more of a ledge, but the installers cut it first not thinking about the overhang. So the sides don’t match a lower trim board like on the other windows so they just left it off. I think I’ll have to remove the board and cut it to the same width in order to trim the bottom. The unfinished look of the side trim bothers me.
The last window was in the family room. I could hardly believe the windows were all finally trimmed. Of course there is still so much more to do.
But it’s a milestone! I couldn’t have done it without the handymen. Thanks to Scott and Robert!