We have had two vendors look at the job and each says they can do it. We are awaiting the estimates. But there is a lot to do before the crew can come in and drywall. I’m thinking it is a pretty long list.
- Insulate the wiring chase and cover with polyiso.
- Insulate with polyiso around the doors that need it.
- Install membrane on exterior walls and the rest of the ceiling.
- Install the nailers for drywall.
- Insulate the plumbing in the walls.
- Decide on phone and sensor cables.
- Decide about the master bathroom wall and light fixtures.
- Decide about the guest bathroom light fixtures
- Reinforce the vent shaft with corner braces.
- Alter the master bathroom wall for drywall.
- Be sure the vendor uses Denshield in the bathrooms.
- Pack the kitchen and other cabinets into boxes and move to the garage.
- Move furniture into the garage.
- Move tools into the garage.
- Tarp stove and TV cabinet. Put TV cabinet on sliders.
- Remove outlet and switch covers and tape
- Set up back rooms for entertainment and eating.
All of this needs to be finished by the end of March or early April and we are leaving for almost two weeks during this month. So it will be a challenge.
We started with caulking, polyiso and membrane around the doors and insulating and closing up the wiring chase. The back door needed a difficult application of slanted polyiso. Here the membrane is partially applied.
The back hallway had insulation installed and the polyiso layer has been started. It will need membrane and boards screwed in for nailers.
The wiring chase is almost finished being insulated but will need a polyiso layer and then membrane and nailer boards.
And the insulation continues in the wiring chase to the front closets. The phone wire that is hanging is not hooked up. Should we run a line to garage in case we ever want a hard wired phone? Probably not. Just will terminate this wire in the attic for some possible future use.
The work so far has taken a couple of days. I estimate that closing the ceiling and installing membrane will take another several days on the ceiling. Then we have walls to do and finishing touches on the location of the bathroom sconces etc.
We only have about ten working days left in March. So we will definitely run into April. Hopefully not too far into April so that we can get the drywalling done. My goal is to have that finished and the wall painted by my birthday in mid May.